First Lielupe CS stakeholder workshop “Exploring and linking water-energy-food-ecosystem (WEFE) Nexus in the Lielupe River Basin” will be held on 10 February 2022.
The purpose of the seminar is to elaborate novel policy suggestions considering interlinkages and footprint by water, energy, food, ecosystems, and climate components. Stakeholders are invited to express their opinion and to participate actively in finding of pathways for improved management of international Lielupe River Basin considering the climate change and socio-economic development scenarios.
This stakeholder workshop is also aimed to initiate discussion on the critical WEFE Nexus interlinkages in the Lielupe River Basin and will cover thoses aspects:
- Introduction to NEXOGENESIS project and Lielupe Case Study;
- WEFE Nexus interlinkages, interactions and impacts in the Lielupe River Basin (draft conceptual model);
- Related policies and their interactions in WEFE sectors (working group discussion):
- Where do policies interact with the Nexus?
- How do they affect the Nexus interlinkages in Latvia/ Lithuania?
The workshop is organized within the frame of HORIZON2020 project “Facilitating the next generation of effective and intelligent water-related policies utilizing artificial intelligence and reinforcement learning to assess the water-energy-food-ecosystem (WEFE) nexus” (NEXOGENSIS, Nr. 101003881)