Each of us is choosing and using different daily goods in our everyday life. They make our lives more comfortable and we cannot imagine our everyday life without them. Such product groups as household chemicals, cosmetics, clothing and toys are an indispensable constituents of our lives.
A great importance has the available supply and advertisements of the daily goods that influence the consumers’ choice and shapes a certain life-style. In the meantime these product groups might be linked to different risks – e.g. household chemicals might contain chemical substances that can have a negative impact on humans’ health (cause allergy, burns). Not always the consumer is well enough informed/pays enough attention to safe usage instructions and labeling.
Each year there are accidents registered, that have happened to children when coming in touch with household chemicals, people are affected by different allergies.
Additionally the current consumption patterns of the society are linked also to negative impact on environment – waste in the forests, and water pollution.
Therefore it is important to educate and to inform the consumer about potentionally negative impact of different products on human health and environment.
Overall goal of the project is to rise the consumers awareness on potentially negative effect of daily goods on humans health and environment and to encourage them to choose less harmful daily goods.
Target groups of the project are consumers (students, teachers, students’ parents, Association of Environmental Educators, NGOs, creators of environmental health policy, media, doctors and other consumers).
Activities of the project:
• Analysis of situation in health sector related to certain consumption products,
• Analysis of consumption patterns,
• Analysis of the market segment,
• Consumers’ information (20 info-days in Latvian schools, 4 different Colorful and memorable brochures and posters, 4 short video clips on examined product groups);
• International workshop for the stakeholders,
• Training for non-governmental organizations.
Project is financed by EEA financial mechanism, Norwegian financial mechanism and Latvian state budget with mediation of the Foundation of Society Integration.
- Project management:Baltic Environmental Forum Latvia
- Funded by: EEA financial mechanism, Norwegian financial mechanism and Latvian state budget with mediation of the Foundation of Society Integration
- Operational time: 01.01.2007 – 31.01.2009
BaltiC Environmental Forum – Estonia; Baltic Environmental Forum – Lithuania and Baltic Environmental Forum – Germany.