Project background and objectives
The project targets at increasing awareness, knowledge and networking on energy efficiency and saving in the construction sector in Belarus. The main objective of the project is to increase capacity and create networks among construction related stakeholder (architects, engineers, etc…) to ensure that good-practice energy efficiency and saving measures are known and can be carried out. A thorough analysis of the situation, the development of web-based information and networking platform, and the revision of curricula will contribute to reach this goal.
• Collection of background information and discussion with experts The experts’ round-table was held y in Riga and the main objective of the meeting was to exchange information between Latvian and Belarusian experts on experience to implement energy efficiency measures in residential and construction sector.
• Checking curricula of relevant study programmes (architecture, civil engineering), if relevant topics for energy efficient construction are covered.
• Elaboration of recommendations how energy efficiency can be enhanced in the building sector.
• Development of a website about energy efficiency in the building sector for Belarus (in Russian)
Construction related stakeholders, such as craftsmen, architects, potential home owners; education institutions, environmental organisations
- Project management:Baltic Environmental Forum, Germany
- Funded by: German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, and Nuclear Safety based decision of the Parliament of the Federal Republic of Germany
- Operational time: 04/2010-12/2011
- Homepage: http://by.eefi.info/
Baltic Environmental Forum-Latvia; Ecoproject partnership (Minsk, Belarus)
- Daina Indriksone