The project aims to bring together stakeholders involved in coastal management and planning, to find solutions to Maritime Spatial Planning and Blue Growth challenges around the Baltic Sea and to elaborate Multi-level Governance Agenda on Blue Growth and Spatial Planning in Baltic Sea Region.
The project will guide national, regional and local authorities, as well as stakeholders of various sectors to:
• improve transnational cooperation and facilitate knowledge exchange to foster Blue Growth;
• raise awareness, knowledge and skills to enhance Blue Growth initiatives and integrated development in coastal areas;
• balance development of new sea uses with coastal community interests by improving coastal governance.
· Increased capacity and cooperation of stakeholders in Baltic Sea region regarding Blue Growth and spatial planning
· 6 Case study outputs, including report on Strategic solutions for balanced use of land-sea resources (Latvian case study), report on integrating cultural values in maritime spatial planning & Blue Growth” (Polish case study), report on climate change adaptation meeting sustainable tourism (German case study), report on trade-offs in mobility and tourism planning (Estonian case study), guidelines for harbour business development (Danish case study) and maritime strategy for coastal economy of Gothenburg Region (Swedish case study)
· Guiding materials for various coastal stakeholders on land-sea interaction in maritime spatial planning, land-based spatial planning and addressing Blue Growth challenges.
Contact information of Lead partner
Phone (+371) 66016 733
Phone (+371) 66016 712