The purpose of the project: to thermo- insulate the „Kastanitis” kindergarten and install a geothermal heating system (heat pumps), with the overall objective of promoting geothermal energy and protecting the environment through reducing the emission of pollutants into the atmosphere.
Project activities and results
– public procurement for heat pump, including installation;
– thermal insulation works for the “Kastanitis” kindergarten and replacement of the inner heat supply system;
– data registration during the heating season (measuring and registration);
– study visit to Norway and Latvia;
– management and publicity activities.
- Project management:Riga Energy Agency
- Funded by: Norwegian Financial Mechanism grant
- Operational time: 08/2009 – 04/2011
- Project number: PVS ID 2162
Baltic Environmental Forum-Latvia
Riga City Council Property Department
- Daina Indriksone